NOTE: The Google Earth plugin seen here previously is no longer supported by Google, and has caused the embedded map to become unstable. As a result, I’ve decided to give you all direct access to the KML, which can be used with the Google Earth desktop application to explore trails of the Wasatch Mountains.
- 1. Download and install Google Earth: click here
- 2. Click on this link and let it open in Google Earth
- a. The KML is big, so it might take a while to load.
- 3. After it opens, save it permanently to your desktop:
- a. Highlight ‘My Places’ on the left
- b. Click on ‘File’, then ‘Save’, then ‘Save to My Places’
- 4. Occasionally repeat this process to get updates
- 5. That should do it. Happy exploring!
- Orange = Trails
- Blue = Roads
- Light Blue = Roads closed during winter months
- Red = Bike trails at Lambert Park
Google Earth Navigation Tips:
- -Left-click mouse to move map around
- -Use mouse wheel to zoom in and out
- -Use Navigation controls in upper right to spin map or fly around