Creating The Plan
Now that you have the hiking goals and trip constraints of everyone going on the hike, you are ready to create a plan. Now choose:
- A region to hike in
- A trail that meets your hiking goals, considering everyone’s constraints.
- A date of when it can all come together.
- The time you want to start and a turn-around time to head back.
- The equipment and supplies that will be needed
- List alternative options; in case unforeseen constraints come up (for example, a member of the party is unable to make it to the peak, so perhaps a lake or waterfall along the trail can be an alternative option).